My Rubicon lift relies on the age-old “add-a-leaf” idea. Ever since I took apart the factory Leaf Springs, and upset the bushings, they have creaked, groaned, and made more darn noise than the stereo on the inside. Soooo I once again decided to put the beast up on stands and take ‘er apart.
Put the Jeep up on stands
I started by pulling the studs out just like you were taking the spring out…
Pulling out the leaf springs studs
The grease I used was a wheel bearing grease and is nice and thick. Use any grease you want as long as it’s not watery.
Once you pull the springs down and the bushings are exposed. Lube them up like it’s your job. As shown here the shackle gets a face full of grease(those were some squeaky bastards…)
Lube the bushings of your leaf springs
This is what it looked like after I got done doing the sliming. Nice and clean to a point. Don’t overdo it because at that point you are just wasting it.
Put the leaf springs studs back
Afterward, I drove around the block, and to my amazement…It sounds so much better. It made no noise at all!!! Finally some peace and quiet.