Need some extra traction on the snow and ice? ATV tire chains can give you the extra grip you need to keep your wheels from spinning. Here are a few tips on using the Best Tire Chains for UTV.
UTV tire chains will give you best traction on snow and ice if you make use of the following tips:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the tire chains. Incorrect installation could damage your UTV, tires, or chains.
- Tighten the chains as much as possible by hand for maximum life. The tighter the chains, the longer they will last. Stop and adjust the chains as needed to keep a tight to snug fit throughout use. Do not use UTV chains with the tires aired down. Check the owner’s manual for correct tire pressure.
- Adjust the chains periodically to keep the cross chains straight across the tire tread.
- Tie back excess links of side chain with a zip tie or wire. If desired, you can cut off the excess links; however, we recommend tying them back in case they are needed in the future.
- Accelerate slowly. Do not exceed a speed of 5 miles per hour.
- Avoid locking the wheels when braking.
- Avoid hitting curbs with your UTV when tire chains are installed.
- Remove the ATV chains on bare roads.